GENERAL MERCHANDISE CONTRACT
READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BEFORE ELECTRONICALLY AGREEING TO THIS CONTRACT.
Last Updated October 2021
ITEMS FOR CONSIGNMENT:
1. Saddles, bridles, bits, harnesses, books, and other equine related items and equipment, and riding clothing, including:lightly used show jackets, show shirts, paddock boots, zipper field boots, zipper dress boots, breeches, jodhpurs, chaps, half chaps, safety vests, schooling wear, etc. may be accepted for consignment. Items that do not meet our Quality Standards will not be accepted for consignment.
2. Everythinghorses.com does NOT accept helmets, pull on tall boots, show shirts/ratcatchers with detached collars, dry rotten strap goods, dangerous items, used grooming supplies, items that are excessively dirty, or clothing that we consider to be dated.
3. Items that Everythinghorses.com deems unacceptable for sale will be donated or disposed of depending on their condition and safety standards. Consignors who would like these items returned to them should choose the Clean Out Kit with Return Assurance in order to receive unacceptable items back in the mail. Consignors who do not request Return Assurance are forfeiting their right to have any unacceptable items returned to them.
4. At any point prior to or during the consignment period, everythinghorses.com may determine the acceptability of, and has the right to refuse, return, or dispose of any item.
5. Once the item(s) has been accepted to everythinghorses.com, the consignor can choose to reclaim any of their items by following the steps for Reclaiming Consignment.
1. Consignor requests a Clean Out Kit or Saddle Shipping Kit from everythinghorses.com. For large numbers of items, the consignor should package the items and email the package weight and dimensions to email@example.com to request a free shipping label. If the consignor would like Return Assurance, they need to request it at the time the kit is ordered. If you are not offered Return Assurance when requesting your kit, a staff will email you with your item status upon receipt of consignment.
2. By requesting or accepting a Clean Out Kit or Saddle Shipping Kit, the Consignor accepts the Contract Terms on everythinghorses.com.
3. Everythinghorses.com shall determine pricing on all consigned items.
4. Everythinghorses.com reserves the right to include consigned items in promotional sales.
5. All consigned goods will decrease in price through incremental reductions.
6. All articles are consigned for a period of three months/90 days. Saddles are consigned for a period of six months/180 days.
7. Unsold items, unless Reclaimed during the consignment period, will not be returned to the consignor at the end of the consignment period. This excludes saddles. Consignors of saddles will be contacted via email at the end of the consignment period if the saddle does not sell. The consignor will have 30 days once this contact has been established to respond and pay a return shipping invoice. If consignors do not respond within 30 days, the saddle will become the property of everythinghorses.com to be sold, donated, or disposed of as the company sees fit.
8. Any unsold item that remains with everythinghorses.com, after expiration of the Contract, becomes the property of everythinghorses.com and may be disposed of as everythinghorses.com sees fit, including but not limited to donation to a charity.
NOTICE TO CONSIGNOR:
CONSIGNOR SHALL INDEMNIFY, RELEASE, DEFEND, AND HOLDS HARMLESS FOREVER everythinghorses.com, its officers, directors, shareholders, employees, successors and assigns from any and all claims and liabilities, of whatsoever kind (including but not limited to attorneys’ fees), arising from or connected to the consigned goods. Everythinghorses.com shall use all conventional safeguards in the handling and displaying of consigned goods but has no legal responsibility for items left on consignment.
1. Everythinghorses.com payment, which may be used for purchases on the website, will be issued to the consignor’s account after the return period from the sale of the consignor’s item is over (Return Policy).
2. Payment for items sold on everythinghorses.com will be in the form of credit, which can be used for purchases on the website.
3. Consignors may request their credit to be paid out via PayPal (minus a 10% payout fee) in their consignor account. The consignor is responsible for providing everythinghorses.com with a valid PayPal email address.
4. All payment for consigned items expires twelve (12) months after the date posted. At that time, any remaining amount will be sent to the consignor in the form of an electronic everythinghorses.com Gift Card, which will be sent to the most recent email address on file.
5. Everythinghorses.com is entitled to a 40% commission on general consignment items. Saddle commissions are on a sliding scale based on the listing price of the saddle. Everythinghorses.com is entitled to the following commissions:Saddles under $1000 - 40% commissionSaddles $1000-2500 - 35% commissionSaddles over $2500 - 30% commission
6. It is the sole responsibility of the consignor to provide everythinghorses.com with a valid Paypal account and provide any updates and changes to the PayPal account, cell phone number, email address, or mailing address.